Benefits and Allowances
Full-time employees of Georgetown University receive a comprehensive benefits package. Certain benefits and allowances are subject to coordination of benefits. As part of this process, all faculty and staff (sponsored and non-sponsored) are required to complete the Benefits and Allowances Declaration Form. Benefits and allowances subject to verification include: medical insurance, housing, dependent education, and home leave.
- CIGNA Global Health Benefits
- Dental Insurance (requires employee contribution)
- Vision Insurance (requires employee contribution)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Contribution Retirement (U.S. citizens may elect in lieu of End of Service Benefit)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Salary Continuance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) for Employee and Eligible Children
Qatar Benefits & Allowances
- Fully-Furnished Accommodation or a Housing Allowance
- Home Leave Airfare Allowance (to cover home leave airfare expenses for the employee and any dependents that have relocated)
- Transportation Allowance (to cover the cost of commuting within Doha)
- Educational Assistance for Dependent Children (under age 18)
- Emergency Travel
- Non-resident Dependent Travel
- End of Service Benefit
- Expatriation & Repatriation
If you have any questions related to your benefits or questions regarding applying for Educational Assistance, please contact The Office of Human Resources.
For more details about University Benefits, please visit this link.