QF Financial Aid
QF Loan (Qatar Foundation Financial Aid Program for AY 20-21 seniors only)
QF provides need-based financial aid to Georgetown University in Qatar students in the form of zero-interest loans. Loans may cover expenses such as tuition, fees, and study abroad. Housing fees may be covered in exceptional or unusual circumstances. Awards are made for one year; reapplication is necessary annually. Please note that QF will consider all scholarship amounts as income in making financial aid (loan) awards.
There are two options for repayment of QF loans after graduation:
- Standard Repayment: Under standard repayment, students can choose to commit to paying 15% of their monthly salary until the total of their loan has been repaid.
- Paid Service: With paid service, students have the opportunity to stay in Qatar after graduation and work at one of the many QF approved organizations for a period of one to six years, depending on the amount of loan borrowed. During this time, students will receive debt forgiveness (calculated monthly) in addition to any salary and compensation packages.
Specific questions about repayment should be directed to the QF Student Financial Services Office here.
Students should go to FAS to register their account and begin the application process. We recommend that students complete these applications well before any stated deadlines, and follow up with the financial aid office in order to ensure a complete application and a timely response.
Check out our tips for applying for financial aid.
QF Student Fund Scholarship
The QF student fund scholarship program is designed to target academic excellence. A limited number of scholarships are available; the selection is not guaranteed. Eligibility is based on meeting the following criteria:
- A full-time student who has completed one year of study at a branch campus
- Outstanding academic qualification with a minimum overall GPA of 3.6
- At least two letters of recommendation from a professor and an academic dean
- Renewal is subject to maintaining a minimum overall university GPA of 3.6
Student Fund scholarship award covers tuition and textbooks cost only.
This scholarship will complement any partial scholarship including any scholarship awarded by Georgetown University in Qatar. This scholarship may be awarded to students in any of the following years: sophomore, junior, senior.
More information may be found at the QF website under QF Merit-Based Scholarship section.