Georgetown University in Qatar accepts and reviews applications from transfer students during two application windows: fall and spring. Fall applicants are held to the February 1 application deadline (standard fall application) as first time, first-year students. Transfer applicants, who meet the eligibility requirements outlined below, may apply for spring admission. Spring transfer applicants are held to the November 1 deadline. Please review this page carefully.
|Application Plan||Application Deadline||Supporting Documents Deadline||Eligibility|
|Spring Transfer||November 1||November 1||
Subject to eligibility requirements*
|Fall Applicants||February 1||February 1||Not subject to eligibility requirements|
Spring transfer applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- High school graduate – meeting all credential requirements expected of first-year admissions applicants (e.g. High School Diploma, or equivalent).
- Not currently enrolled in a Post Graduate year, foundation year, or 13th year program.
- Currently enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited university.
- Completed (or will have completed) one full-time semester of at least twelve 12 credits at the university level by November 1.
- Minimum Language Proficiency Scores in any of the following:
- IELTS: 7.0 Overall
- TOEFL: 94 Total
- Duolingo: 115
Spring Transfer Application Details:
Below is a comprehensive list of the spring transfer application requirements required by November 1:
- Spring 2021 Transfer Application for Admission (to be submitted online)
- Personal Statement
- Passport Copy
- Official high school and university transcripts (final 3 years of secondary school and any subsequent studies including university)
- One Dean's/Academic Advisor Reference
- Professor Reference (Max 3)
- TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo results
- SAT or ACT results*
*Georgetown University in Qatar is implementing a flexible approach to our standardized testing requirements for 2021 applicants.
If you have any questions or difficulties while completing the online form, contact us. Please provide:
- Your full name
- Your applicant number
- Full details regarding the problem
- Application section, time, and date