The Events Team offers a one-stop-shop service to help you plan and execute your event at GU-Q. Once you place the event request, we will coordinate with IT, Building Operations, AV, Procurement, Communications, Transportation, and QF on your behalf to ensure hassle-free event planning process.
During Fall 2020, the events team assists with virtual events such as Zoom Meetings or Webinars
Zoom is a web conferencing tool that provides a platform to conduct live online conferences, presentations, lectures, and meetings. Zoom Webinars are designed so that the host and any designated panelists can share their video, audio and screen. Webinars allow view-only attendees, so their microphones are disabled. They have the ability to interact via Q&A, chat, and answering polling questions. The host can also mute or unmute the attendees. Attendees cannot see other attendees.
How to request setup of a Zoom Webinar or schedule a Zoom Meeting?
To start the process to organize a Zoom webinar, Faculty, Staff, & Students should place an Online Event Request ticket on the Help Desk. Then the Events Coordinator who will be on duty on the day of the event will contact you for more information.
Setting up a Zoom Meeting does not typically require involvement of the events team and is done independently by the event owner. However, for scheduling purposes and to prevent event conflicts, it is still requested that you fill in the Online Event Request Ticket.
Read more about the differences between a Zoom meeting and a Zoom webinar here and feel free to reach out to us by email at guqevents (at) georgetown.edu in case of any questions.
- Requests for online event (webinar) support should be submitted as early as possible and must be submitted to the Events Team a minimum of 7 business days in advance in order to be accepted.
- Please allow at least one month for a public event to ensure efficient event marketing.
- Please allow three months for a conference or multi-day event.
Student events: See full student event management process here.
The more notice that the Events Team has, the better your event will be!
- Consult the Planning Calendar or contact the Events Team to look for a suitable date. The planning calendar is found on the Georgetown Google Calendar as 'Qatar-Plan-Events Schedule'.
- The events team is in charge of scheduling and will work to find the best time for different events taking place that day.
- Kindly note that we should accept a maximum of three lunchtime events in one day, one evening event in one day and a maximum of five events in a full day.
GU-Q events can be marketed in the following ways by the Events Team, if requested by the event owner:
- Posters added to the digital signage screens around the GU-Q building. Please provide a landscape version of the poster for the screens.
- Event added to the weekly newsletter for faculty/staff/spouses (if applicable) – note that events will have the opportunity to appear in the newsletter twice, once in the ‘save the date’ section a week before the event and once in the ‘this week’s events’ section during the week of the event, offering the GU-Q audience to see it twice.
- Event added to the weekly newsletter for students (if applicable).
- Event promoted on the permanent signage board in the Bookstore lobby area on the day of the event.
For public events, the following additional marketing can be produced by the Events Team:
- Event added to the GU-Q website.
- Invitation added in the GU-Q public newsletter.
The event owner is responsible for printing and adding posters to notice boards around the GU-Q building. All posters must be stamped by the Communications office before putting up.
Event Services for in person events (currently suspended due to COVID-19):
Event services are there to share with you the range of options available and help you have a successful event. Our services cover:
- AV options by room
- Commonly Used Room Spaces
- Room layouts
- Supplies inventory
- General Events Equipment Borrowing Form
- Preferred catering vendor menus
- External Education City venues
- Communications and Branded items
- Cultural Activities
Some helpful links for students include:
We would love to hear from you to know how we are doing, and what we can improve. Please feel free to fill out the Events Feedback Form any time.