The Events Team offers a one-stop-shop service to help you plan and execute your event at GU-Q. Once you place the event request, we will coordinate with Building Operations, AV, Procurement, Communications, Transportation, and QF on your behalf to ensure hassle-free event planning process.
To start the process, Faculty, Staff, & Students should place an Event Request ticket on the Help Desk. Then the Events Coordinator who will be on duty on the day of the event will contact you for more information.
What is an Event:
An event meets any of the following criteria:
- Has 10 or more guaranteed guests
- Has catering
- Is in a public space (e.g. auditorium, atrium, Faculty and Staff Lounge, Oxygen Park)
- Has an external Audience or external speaker.
- Requests for event support (i.e. event tickets) should be submitted as early as possible and must be submitted to the Events Team a minimum of 10 business days in advance in order to be accepted.
- Please allow at least one month for a public event.
- Please allow three months for a conference or multi-day event.
Student events: See full student event management process here.
The more notice that the Events Team has, the better your event will be!
- Consult the Planning Calendar or contact the Events Team to look for a suitable date. The planning calendar is found on the Georgetown Google Calendar as 'Qatar-Plan-Events Schedule'.
- Kindly note that the Events Team should accept a maximum of three lunchtime events in one day, one evening event in one day and a maximum of five events in a full day.
GU-Q events can be marketed in the following ways by the Events Team, if requested by the event owner:
- Posters added to the digital signage screens around the GU-Q building. Please provide a landscape version of the poster for the screens.
- Event added to the weekly newsletter for faculty/staff/spouses (if applicable) – note that events will have the opportunity to appear in the newsletter twice, once in the ‘save the date’ section a week before the event and once in the ‘this week’s events’ section during the week of the event, offering the GU-Q audience to see it twice.
- Event added to the weekly newsletter for students (if applicable).
- Event promoted on the permanent signage board in the Bookstore lobby area on the day of the event with directions noted.
For public events, the following additional marketing can be produced by the Events Team:
- Event added to the GU-Q website.
- Invitation sent to appropriate marketing lists in MailChimp via a special invitation email
The event owner is responsible for printing and adding posters to notice boards around the GU-Q building. All posters must be stamped by the Communications office before putting up.
Event services are there to share with you the range of options available and help you have a successful event. Our services cover:
- AV options by room
- Commonly Used Room Spaces
- Room layouts
- Supplies inventory
- General Events Equipment Borrowing Form
- Preferred catering vendor menus 2019
- External Education City venues
- Communications and Branded items
- Cultural Activities
We would love to hear from you to know how we are doing, and what we can improve. Please feel free to fill out the Events Feedback Form any time.