DC Forwarding Address:
Georgetown University, Qatar Office
3300 Whitehaven St., NW
Harris Building, Suite B-116
Washington DC, 20007
Georgetown University in Qatar
P.O. Box 23689
Outside of service hours, users may drop mail through the window for distribution.
Mail Policies and Forms
Deadline for DC flat mail shipments:
Sundays 12:00 p.m.
Wednesdays 12:00 p.m.
Departmental Mailboxes are provided for:
- Incoming and interdepartmental mail for faculty and staff
Outgoing mailboxes are provided for:
- Flat mail and documents to the United States via DC Mailroom
- Deliveries within Education City
- Hand deliveries in Doha
- Qatar Post Office
- Student mailbox keys are distributed at the beginning of each semester with locker keys and student IDs. Keys must be returned before graduation.
- If a key is lost, it can be replaced by contacting security. There will be a charge of 50 QR for the replacement key.
- If a key is lost or not returned before graduation, the exit form will not be signed, until the key is returned or 50 QR is given to replace the key.
Pick-up and Delivery Schedule
- The flat-mail courier service to DC is scheduled on Sundays and Wednesdays. Please ensure that envelopes are in the mailroom before 12:00 p.m. on those days to make the shipment.
- Mail is sent from DC on Mondays and Thursdays. It is typically delivered to the mail room in Doha on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Hand deliveries and Q-Post mailings do not have a set schedule.
Postage and Courier Fees
- US postage will be added as needed to business mail sent via the DC Mailroom.
- First class US postage stamps are sold in the Mail Room for 2 QR a piece for personal envelopes.
- Mail Room assistant provides quotes for special DHL discounted courier fees on personal shipments. Payment can be made in cash or with a major credit card.
- Local postage is provided for business mail. Q-Post stamps are also available for purchase in the Mail Room.
Incoming Personal Mail
- Customers are contacted by the DHL representative when a personal package is delivered. Customers will pay any associate fee directly to the courier or Q-Post rep.
- All shipments over a 100 kgs require a Certificate Of Origin (COO) to accompany the delivery to Doha. Please inform shippers to obtain a COO prior to sending any large shipments to Doha so that the mail is not delayed. Any shipments over 100 kg that arrive without a COO will be returned to sender.