For bus schedules please visit this page.
Business & Educational Uses
Auxiliary Services coordinates transportation for all business uses including guest transportation, field trips, and deliveries. Any request received 24 hours in advance will be accommodated. Requests with less lead time will be accommodated if a driver is available. Fill out a transportation request on the FM Help desk to request a pick-up, delivery, or group transfer. Please note that itineraries may be uploaded onto the form.
Guidelines for GU-Q driving services
- Driving services are to be used for business purposes only.
- Requests made at least one working day in advance will be accommodated. Requests with less lead time will be met only if there is a driver available.
- All requests should go through the FM Help Desk. Last minute changes or requests should be placed by phone to the GU-Q Transportation Coordinator at extension 8243. Please do not call a driver directly with a request.
- The main uses of transportation services are:
- Transporting GU-Q business guests,
- Transporting materials for events,
- Making business deliveries,
- Transporting GU-Q employees from the Georgetown building to off-site meetings,
- Transportation between airport and home for expatriation and repatriation flights.
- Transportation that does NOT qualify for GU-Q driving services:
- Transporting GU-Q employees between their homes and work, unless approved by the Auxiliary Services Manager. Employees are expected to use their transportation allowance to either obtain a car or use taxi services. An example of when a home drop-off would be approved would be if the employee is hosting a business guest for dinner.
- Taking business guests on unplanned sight-seeing or shopping trips.
- Transportation from an employee’s home to the airport for a business trip except expatriation and repatriation.
- All arrangements for transportation must be made through the Transportation Coordinator or Auxiliary Services Manager. Do not make arrangements directly with the driver, as multiple requests come in daily and a central person must schedule the workload.
- Passengers must inform the Transportation Coordinator or Auxiliary Services Manager of any change in request.
- If a passenger does not show up for a car service and does not inform the Facilities Department that the transportation need is canceled, that person may not be allowed to use the services in the future.
- For travel within Education City, please use the QF shuttle, which circles the campus every seven to ten minutes.
Strong Rent-a-Car at GU-Q - Mission & Vision Statements
To provide consistently safe and dependable transportation solutions which facilitate the educational, research, cultural, and service missions of the University.
To be recognized as a model of excellence for our industry in Qatar by providing a high level of commitment and service to the faculty, staff, and students of Georgetown University-Qatar. We will utilize our training and our core values to achieve our mission.
Cura Personalis – Treat your colleagues as you would want to be treated. Greet the guests with a smile and a friendly greeting.
Excellence - Utilize creative solutions to meet guests’ needs. Our staff will maintain a high level of professionalism. The vehicles will be maintained with a high level of cleanliness and good repair.
- Continuous development