Use the Zoom Scheduler Plugin in Chrome and Firefox
The Zoom plugin lets you quickly host or schedule meetings in Zoom. Please note that you need the app (not just the plugin) installed to host or join meetings; installation instructions are our Get Started with Zoom article.
After installing the extension and logging in, you will be able to:
- Click a button to schedule a meeting.
- Click a button to start a meeting immediately.
- Add Zoom meetings to calendar events from Google Calendar. (Note: your Zoom conference will not be updated if you move or cancel the calendar event; you should reschedule the conference in Zoom as well. See our article Zoom and Google Calendar for details.)
Install and Use the Plugin in Chrome
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Visit the Zoom Scheduler for Chrome link.
- Click Add to Chrome (top right) and follow prompts to add the extension.
- Click the blue video camera icon on the top right of Chrome.
- Choose Sign In with SSO and enter your Brown email address.
- Zoom will redirect you to a Brown login screen; enter your Brown username and password.
To use the plugin, see Zoom’s article How to Use the Zoom Chrome Extension.
Install the Plugin in Firefox
- Open the Firefox browser.
- Visit the Zoom Scheduler for Firefox link.
- Click Add to Firefox button and follow prompts to add the extension.
- Click the blue video camera icon on the top right of Firefox.
- Choose Sign In with Google and log in with your Brown email address and Google password.
To use the plugin, see Zoom’s article How to Use the Zoom Firefox Add-On.
Getting Started with the Zoom for GSuite Add-on
Important: If you currently use the Zoom Scheduler Google Chrome extension, we recommend that you uninstall the extension from your web browser and use the Zoom for GSuite add-on. The add-on provides the same user experience across all web browsers and the Google Calendar mobile application. For more information on how to uninstall a Chrome extension, visit Google’s Help Center.
To install the Zoom for GSuite add-on:
- Go to the G Suite Marketplace and find the “Zoom for GSuite” add-on: https://gsuite.google.com/marketplace/app/zoom_for_gsuite/364750910244
- Click Install.
- Zoom will ask for permission to access your Google account. Click Continue and then Allow.
- After installation, navigate to your Google Calendar and open the Zoom for GSuite add-on from the right sidebar. You will receive a pop-up stating “Zoom for GSuite was installed”. Click Got it to minimize.
- Once you have opened the add-on, you will be asked to sign in to your Zoom account. Click Sign in. This will open a new window.
If you are currently logged into your Zoom account:
Google Calendar will ask for permission to access your Zoom account. Click Authorize.
If you are not currently logged into your Zoom account:
On the Zoom sign-in page, click Sign in with SSO.
Next, in the text box, enter our “company domain”.
You should now be able to use the add-on. You may notice the add-on has been added to your Google Calendar and Google Mail right sidebars.
Note: It may take a few minutes for the Zoom for GSuite icon to populate in the right sidebar of your Google Calendar.