- QF EC Shuttles
- French Connection
- Georgetown EC Shuttles
- Employee Shuttles
- Taxi Service
- Long Term Parking Available at QNCC
- Business & Educational Uses
- Strong-Rent-a-Car at GU-Q: Mission and Vision Statements
Qatar Foundation Education City Shuttle Services for Students
Fall 2019 Bus Schedule for the EC Campus shuttle service:
Shuttles will leave from Majlis Al-Shamali (Female Dorms) & Majlis Al-Janoubi (Male Dorms) main entrance during the following times: from 6:15 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. every 15 minutes. And every 30 minutes from 6:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. there after on call basis until 6:00 A.M., including Fridays and Saturdays. Students may call the Transport Operation number 4454-1105 to request a ride. (Please book your transport 15 minutes prior to the time to make necessary arrangements).
Bus Services will be as follows:
- Religious Trip For student Friday 11:00 A.M. start time 12:30 P.M. return from destination Northnest & Southnest to Minaratin mosque
- Buses to Recreation Center will be on call off basis from 7:00 A.M. hrs. to 6:00 P.M. hrs. from Northnest & Southnest, directly to Recreation center
- Shopping trip to Lulu Express between 4:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. (every 1 hour) Via Southnest & Northnest. (20 minutes of halt at Lulu Express for immediate returns)
Valet Services will be as follows:
- QNL – Between 08:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
- Multaqa (HBKU) – Between 8:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
- Building - 2015 (HQ) – Between 8:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
Drivers will not follow instructions from passengers other than strictly follow the routes as indicated.
- QF Transport Office 4454-1105
- Coordinator: T K Ali - 5582-5842
- Coordinator: Ameer Noor - 6667-7785
- Coordinator: Hamad Al Sheeb - 5521-2552
THIS IS AN ON-CALL SERVICE
This on-call service is available daily from 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM (with one driver driving at one time).
Call 5511-4634 to request a ride.
Weekday Trip to Gate 3 for Shopping (on-call option)
- Weekdays Sunday through Thursday: The shuttle driver will only make two trips per night from the dorms to Gate 3, at 9:30 PM and 11:30 PM and only if called by a rider requesting this service. Driver will wait for 20 minutes each time to allow students to complete their shopping before returning to campus. This is by on-call service only, so if no one calls the driver to ask to go at 9:30 or 11:30 PM to Gate 3, the driver will not come to the dorms.
Trip to Mall on Weekends
- Saturday: Visit to Festival City Mall. The driver picks up at male dorms 4:50 PM and then female dorms at 5:00 PM. Return to the dorms at 9:00 PM.
Spring Schedule 2020
Effective January 5, 2020 -- the Employee Shuttle has been canceled as of March 23, 2020
- Call Transport Coordinator at 4457-8243 for any shuttle-related issues.
Strong Rent A Car 7072-6181 is a Georgetown preferred taxi provider.
Long-term Parking Now Available on 3rd Floor of QNCC
This new measure will free up parking spaces within Education City
Long-term vehicle parking procedure effective immediately
As part of QF HSSE's continuous efforts to provide customers with effective services while ensuring Safety & Security at Qatar Foundation, kindly note that long-term vehicle/s parking in Education City (EC) is allowed at Qatar National Convention Centre (QNCC), on the 3rd floor of the west side. Once the 3rd floor is full, vehicles can be accommodated on the ROOF of QNCC.
Allowing long-term vehicle/s parking aims to minimize and control vehicles which are left by the drivers in EC parking facilities for days. Long-term parking further aims to reduce and health issues caused by vehicles collecting dust, as well as impacts to traffic flow. This step also aims to optimize the use of limited parking spaces available to everyday commuters instead of long staying vehicles.
To ensure safety & security at QF, any vehicle parked within EC parking for more than 24 hours shall result in towing of the vehicle at owners’ expense.
Please share this information with your colleagues and students. Should you need any information or clarification on the long-term vehicle parking procedure, please contact Essa Al-Mannai, Head Security - Events & Traffic Management at email@example.com.
- QF or its agents will not be held responsible for any damages borne of the vehicle being long-parked in QF parking facilities;
- Utilization of designated long term parking slots is a privilege extend to Qatar Foundation Community members only;
- It is understood that the owners availing of this privilege will park their vehicles in the designated parking facilities at their own risk
- QF HSSE will provide reasonable security coverage of the parking facility as part of routine inspection and patrol;
- QF HSSE will observe any violations of the long term EC parking procedure and record and report the same to the appropriate manager;
- QF HSSE will make an attempt to communicate with the vehicle owner or his representatives of the violation and provide guidance for immediate removal of the vehicle in question;
- If unsuccessful, the manager concerned will coordinate the removal of the vehicle at the owner’s expense. This move will be recorded by QF-HSSE as a matter of procedure who will ascertain where the vehicle will be taken;
- Damages incurred in the course of the towing will not be QF’s responsibility.
Business & Educational Uses
Auxiliary Services coordinates transportation for all business uses including guest transportation, field trips, and deliveries. Any request received 24 hours in advance will be accommodated. Requests with less lead time will be accommodated if a driver is available. Fill out a transportation request on the FM Help desk to request a pick-up, delivery, or group transfer. Please note that itineraries may be uploaded onto the form.
Guidelines for GU-Q driving services:
- Driving services are to be used for business purposes only.
- Requests made at least one working day in advance will be accommodated. Requests with less lead time will be met only if there is a driver available.
- All requests should go through the FM Help Desk. Last minute changes or requests should be placed by phone to the GU-Q Transportation Coordinator at extension 8243. Please do not call a driver directly with a request.
- The main uses of transportation services are:
- Transporting GU-Q business guests,
- Transporting materials for events,
- Making business deliveries,
- Transporting GU-Q employees from the Georgetown building to off-site meetings,
- Transportation between airport and home for expatriation and repatriation flights.
- Transportation that does NOT qualify for GU-Q driving services:
- Transporting GU-Q employees between their homes and work, unless approved by the Auxiliary Services Manager. Employees are expected to use their transportation allowance to either obtain a car or use taxi services. An example of when a home drop-off would be approved would be if the employee is hosting a business guest for dinner.
- Taking business guests on unplanned sight-seeing or shopping trips.
- Transportation from an employee’s home to the airport for a business trip except expatriation and repatriation.
- All arrangements for transportation must be made through the Transportation Coordinator or Auxiliary Services Manager. Do not make arrangements directly with the driver, as multiple requests come in daily and a central person must schedule the workload.
- Passengers must inform the Transportation Coordinator or Auxiliary Services Manager of any change in request.
- If a passenger does not show up for a car service and does not inform the Facilities Department that the transportation need is canceled, that person may not be allowed to use the services in the future.
- For travel within Education City, please use the QF shuttle, which circles the campus every seven to ten minutes.
Strong Rent-a-Car at GU-Q - Mission & Vision Statements
To provide consistently safe and dependable transportation solutions which facilitate the educational, research, cultural, and service missions of the University.
To be recognized as a model of excellence for our industry in Qatar by providing a high level of commitment and service to the faculty, staff, and students of Georgetown University in Qatar. We will utilize our training and our core values to achieve our mission.
Cura Personalis – Treat your colleagues as you would want to be treated. Greet the guests with a smile and a friendly greeting.
Excellence - Utilize creative solutions to meet guests’ needs. Our staff will maintain a high level of professionalism. The vehicles will be maintained with a high level of cleanliness and good repair.
- Continuous development