Theme: Contested Boundaries: Redefining Authority
Secretary General: Hissa Al-Noaimi (SFS-Q' 16)
Deputy Secretary General: Burhan Mahmoud (SFS-Q'16)
You can access our Rules & Procedures Guide 2016.
1. UN Security Council:
2. Special (Futuristic Committee):
- Reshifting the Metropole: The Rise of India and China in Face of American Imperialism
- The Re-scramble for Africa
3. Advisory Panel to the European Union:
4. Disarmament and International Security Committee:
5. Press Team:
The Press Team does not have governing topics. The press committee this year will utilize various forms of social media and video-technology in order to mimic a world in which press coverage is migrating to mainly an online platform.
6. UN Economic and Social Committee:
- Combating Money Laundry and the Financing of Terrorism
- Utilizing Youth Employment for Sustainable Development
7. UN Special Political & Decolonization Committee:
8. United Nations Human Rights Committee:
9. United Nations Environment Programme:
10. Crime & Punishment Committee:
Please note that the background guides are a mere starting point for research and are not the final and sole opinion on the topic. Students are expected to perform further research prior to the conference.