The Middle East and North Africa and countries nearby on the Indian Ocean (from East Africa to Southeast Asia) are in the midst of dynamic change, including the Arab Spring (Awakening?) and the political and economic rise of India. The Seminar aims to bring together approximately fifteen to twenty emerging leaders from these areas to examine the most pressing global trends and international issues affecting them.
Major themes to be explored include:
- The challenges and opportunities of the Arab Spring (Awakening?).
- Building sustainable, competitive economies.
- Global issues (e.g. environment, health, food security, and population.
- The influence of new and traditional media on international affairs.
- The rise of new economic powers and their impact on the global economy, international development, and world-wide energy resources.