Cyber security is always a high priority and possible attacks should be taken seriously, we remind you of some cyber security tips to follow:
- Be extra vigilant about phishing emails, especially related to COVID-19. These could be anything from urgent instructions sent by management, to emails encouraging you to read the latest COVID-19 news through attachments, websites talking about cures, or suggested vaccines.
- NEVER RESPOND TO A REQUEST FOR YOUR PASSWORD sent by email even if the request appears legitimate. IT staff will NEVER ask for your password.
- If you receive a suspicious call asking you to grant access to your computer to fix an IT issue, only follow the instructions if you are expecting a call from IT and have verified the authenticity of the call and the caller.
- Never leave your laptop unattended, always lock it.
- Should any of your devices be lost or stolen, report it immediately to the IT Help Center firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confidential information is still confidential, so use the same care as you would if you were in the office.
- Please use Google Drive or Box to store GU-Q related work files.
- Use Zoom for virtual meetings, conference calls, and to collaborate with your colleagues. Should other software be required, please consult with the IT Help Center email@example.com. Avoid using or downloading any free non-approved software.