What is the Oasis Room?
The Oasis Room, located in the Student Wellness & Counseling Center (SWCC) is meant to provide a safe and relaxing space for GU-Q students to quiet their mind, reduce stress, and refresh and restore themselves. The SWCC staff is available to orient and train users on the various features of the room, which are listed below. The Oasis Room is available for use on:
Monday-Friday: 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
If you are interested in reserving time in the room or have any questions, please stop by 1G09 or email Student Wellness & Counseling Center.
Who may use the Relaxation Room?
The Oasis Room is currently available for use by enrolled GU-Q students who have had the introduction and signed the agreement. Students do not have to be a current client of the Student Wellness & Counseling Center to access the room.
How may I reserve the Oasis Room?
You may reserve the room for a 30-minute time slot, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:30a.m. and 5:00p.m. You can schedule in person by going to room. Please cancel your time if you are aware that you will not be able to make it.
Please note that due to health concerns no food or uncovered drinks are allowed in the Oasis Room.
We also request that you kindly refrain from visiting when seriously ill.
What does the Oasis Room offer?
Aside from a quiet place to relax, the Oasis Room includes several features and tools to assist you in calming your mind, body, and spirit, including:
- A comfortable chair
- Zafu and Zabuton meditation cushions
- Soft lighting
- Self-help and other meditative reading materials
- Audio guided relaxation and meditation activities
- Relaxing music and sounds
- Sand tray
- Massage mat
- Aromatherapy oils and lotions
- emWave Biofeedback technology and relaxation computer software
- Buddha Board
- Gratitude Labyrinth
- Finger labyrinth
- Meditative coloring materials
- Kinetic Sand
- Weighted blanket with textured cover
- Yoga and Pilates mats and guided instructions
What are these tools and how do I use them?
What are the Oasis Room Rules?
- Use room only by appointment (see Reception 1G09 or email)
- Only one person is allowed at a time
- Maximum time per usage is 30 minutes
- Please, remove your shoes
- No food or uncovered drinks are allowed
- Please, do not use the room if you are unwell
- Please, tidy up after yourself
- Ask reception staff for assistance
- Relax and Enjoy!