- GU-Q IT provides technical support to staff, faculty and students on the use of the technology, such as, Zoom, Box, Google Apps, VPN, Wireless, NetID, Printing, Microsoft Windows/Office, MacOS etc. If you require support please contact IT via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +974 4457 8130.
- For technical help with Canvas, faculty can seek support by emailing email@example.com during the DC business hours or call the dedicated 24/7 support line at +1 833 476 1171 or open a live chat request from within Canvas.
- For resources and assistance with online teaching faculty should consult the University’s Instructional Continuity website or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Keep your Operating System, Browser, and Applications patched to current releases
- Use Antivirus software (keep it updated too) and enable the firewall on your computer
- Avoid visiting unknown websites or downloading software from untrusted sources.
- Beware of phishing messages. DHS is already reporting COVID-19 phishing emails.
- Keep your data in the cloud (Box, Google, Zoom, etc) instead of downloading it to your computer
- University leadership will continue to send regular updates via email. Please monitor your georgetown.edu email account closely for the latest information.
- Your Dean and/or department may provide additional details regarding expectations for instruction and support resources.
- In line with the guidance received from the Qatari Authorities, from Wednesday April 8th, the IT User Support staff will only come to the office between 8:00am to 1:00pm on an appointment basis.
- Please register any issues or requests by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and if an issue cannot be resolved remotely then our engineers will book an appointment to meet you on-campus between 8:00am to 1:00pm.
- Visit the GU-Q IT website and additionally UIS website, for help pages
GU-Q related Zoom virtual backgrounds are available from Box – How to enable the Zoom virtual background on desktop (On mobile, you can change the background once you have started a meeting)