How to Book an Appointment
Book online via mywco.com/guq
In person (0B11, main floor of the Library)
As a courtesy, please change or cancel appointments at least two hours before your appointment to make the slot available for another student.
Note: If you miss three or more appointments without canceling, your account will be disabled for the semester and you will not be allowed to make further appointments.
Writing Center Hours
Sunday - Thursday: 9 am – 6 pm
Saturday: by appointment
Tips for Making the Most of Your Tutoring Session
- Schedule your appointment at least a few days before your due date so that you have time to make revisions.
- Think about what you would like to focus on or accomplish during your session.
- Bring paper copies of anything you want to work on as we do not work on laptops, tablets, or phones. You will be asked to go print the document if you bring in an electronic version, cutting into tutoring time.
- Bring your assignment prompt or instructions.
- Come with a positive attitude and keep an open mind. Your tutor has been in your shoes and is there to help you hone your skills and offer another perspective, not to be critical.
- Have realistic expectations. You and your tutor will spend your session working through a section or particular aspect of your paper. You are welcome to make several appointments for the same document, but you will not work through an entire paper in a single session.
- Be on time. You will be relaxed, focused, and most productive.