A number of our faculty have received prestigious awards for their publications. Granted by professional organizations, these awards are an important acknowledgement of the quality and impact of the research conducted at GU-Q.
Asturias, Jose, Manuel García-Santana, and Roberto Ramos. 2020. “Competition and the Welfare Gains from Transportation Infrastructure: Evidence from the Golden Quadrilateral of India.” Journal of the European Economic Association 17, no. 6 (2019): 1881-1940.
- Winner of the 2020 Hicks-Tinbergen Award, which recognizes the best paper published in the journal during the previous two years.
Max Oidtmann. 2018. Forging the Golden Urn: The Qing Empire and the Politics of Reincarnation in Tibet. New York: Columbia University Press.
- Winner of the 2020 E. Gene Smith Inner Asian Book prize (Association for Asian Studies).
Phoebe Musandu. 2018. Pressing Interests: The Agenda and Influence of a Colonial East African Newspaper Sector. Montreal: McGill-Queen’s University Press.
- Winner of the 2019 Eugenia M. Palmegiano Prize (American Historical Association).
Mohamed Zayani. 2015. Networked Publics and Digital Contention: The Politics of Everyday Life in Tunisia. Oxford Studies in Digital Politics Series. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Winner of the 2019 ISA-ICOMM International Communication Best Book Award (International Studies Association)
- Winner of the 2017 ASA Communication, Information Technology and Media Sociology Best Book Award (American Sociological Association)
- Winner of the 2017 NCA Sue DeWine Distinguished Book Award (US National Communication Association)
- Winner of the 2016 ICA Global Communication and Social Change Best Book Award (International Communication Association)
- Winner of the 2016 AGSS Toyin Falola Book Award (Association of Global South Studies)