Who We Are
The Annual Undergraduate Research Conference (AURC, formerly MESSA) serves to voice undergraduate research, whether in Qatar or the rest of the world, and concerns issues which are pivotal to international affairs. Striving to foster and enhance undergraduate research, AURC enables students, from Georgetown University and across the globe, to voice their research and facilitates a breadth and depth of discussion about respective economic, political and social affairs.
What We Do
- We organize an annual undergraduate conference on International Studies that enables students from universities across the globe to voice, discuss and enhance their research concerning the global world.
- We publish an annual academic journal that presents undergraduate research concerning global challenges and issues through conference papers.
- We connect thoughtful undergraduates with leaders from academia, as well as the private, public and nonprofit sectors, to allow for the sharing and enhancing of ideas.
During the academic year 2019/20 AURC is advised by the following board:
- President: Chaïmaa Benkermi
- Vice-President: Irene Promodh
- Director of Conference Logistics: Jessica Choi
- Deputy Director of Conference Logistics: Maryam Hassan
- Events + IT Liaison Officer: Andrew Jose
- Director of Communications: Reem Al-Khouri
- Director of External Relations: Hussam Aitelqadi
- Deputy Director of External Relations: Linda Ridzuan
- Director of Publications: Murchhana Dash
- Deputy Director of Publications: Khansa Maria
- Faculty Team: Ayesha Iqbal and Zoya Farid