About our department
Our aim is to help Georgetown University in Qatar in promoting intellectual, ethical and spiritual understanding through serious and sustained discussion among people of various faiths, cultures, and beliefs. We support the campus mission of providing education, research, and service opportunities for students, faculty, staff, and the community with a holistic mind, body, and spirit approach that helps us all become better global citizens. Our goal is that the name Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q) comes to mind when thinking about:
- Undergraduate or continuing education
- Intelligent, purpose-driven, and thoughtful graduates to hire
- Lifelong learning to support self-improvement or organizational development
Services and responsibilities
The Department of Communications helps GU-Q leadership, faculty, staff, and students deliver events, create brochures and posters, advertise services, and gain public recognition for their accomplishments. The communications team also provides advisory and consultancy services to assist all employees, students, and faculty members on community engagement, visual identity management, branding, collateral development, and public and social media interaction. We are responsible for:
- Managing the overall global brand presence of Georgetown’s Qatar campus and supporting the broader Georgetown University in the Asia and Middle East North Africa (MENA) regions.
- Delivering strategic guidance and consultancy on matters of public or organizational importance.
- Raising the top of mind awareness and the public profile of Georgetown University and Georgetown University in Qatar.
- Planning for future growth opportunities in collaboration with external and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborating with all employees and students in communicating strategic messages and helping them with all relevant concerns.
To learn more about our services and how long a project might take please see our Office of Communications Services and Project Timelines.
Examples of projects we manage: Media coverage designed products
- Admissions and event-related advertising and relevant news stories
- Publications and brochure development for programs, centers, and activities
- Print and electronic student recruitment campaigns
- Brand development and ongoing logomark treatment, application, and management
- Relationship management on behalf of the university for visitors, guests, and those interested in Georgetown
- Design and print production services
- Editorial and translation services
- Marketing and communications planning for conferences, events, and workshops
- Web and social media communication
Basics from the Writing Style Guide
How to write the class year for the alumni and graduates:
The Georgetown University style guide establishes the convention for GUSY, or “Georgetown University school and year”. For the Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service (BSFS) degree at GU-Q, this would be John Smith (SFS’xx), with no space between the apostrophe and the last two digits of the graduating year. This convention is used in the official documentation for convocation and commencement collateral such as formal programs and invitations. For public and mass media, John Smith (GU-Q’xx) is used, to avoid confusion.
Organization Charts by Department
These are the various org charts shown across the website. In some cases you must log in for access.