Performance management is the ongoing process of monitoring and developing employee skills and performance. When practiced consistently, performance management supports employees in their development as professionals, which in turn leads to a high performing, engaged workforce.
Performance Review Process
The annual Staff and AAP Performance Review process takes place within GMS. The annual review process involves an evaluation based on core competencies, along with a review of goals from the past year. The list of competencies and their descriptions, as well as other related terms and tools, can be found here.
The annual performance review period is March 1 – February 28.
Key Dates for the FY21 Annual Review Process
- March 8: FY21 Annual Reviews Go-Live in GMS beginning with Self-Evaluations
- March 31: Deadline for completion of Self-Evaluations
- Note: Incomplete self-evaluations will auto-advance to managers on April 1
- April 22: Manager Evaluation completed in GMS and printed for review with employee
- April 29: Completion of Annual Performance Meeting and Manager’s Manager approval in GMS
- May 8: Deadline for full completion of annual reviews (includes completion of Manager and Employee Acknowledgements in GMS)
- June 1: Goals for FY22 (March 1, 2021-February 28, 2022) entered in GMS
Annual Reviews: On-Demand Training Materials
Performance Management Overview
Elements of the Performance Review
Employee Self Evaluation in GMS
Manager Evaluation in GMS
Manager’s Manager Approval in GMS
STAR: Giving and Receiving Effective Feedback
Performance Management Terms and Tools
Additional training resources are available online at https://hr.georgetown.edu/performancemanagement/
Goals: On-Demand Training Materials
You can find additional training support for the performance review process through the Performance Management page on the University Human Resources site, or by contacting Nicole Heinz in GU-Q’s HR department.