Career Services offers students and alumni assistance with career planning, job search skill development, on-campus student employment and understanding of the labor market. An annual Career Fair is held in partnership with all Education City branch campuses every February, attracting local employers offering opportunities for all majors. Workshops, employer sessions, and presentations are held throughout the year and are advertised via email and newsletters to students and alumni.
- Career Counseling: Assessments & Exploration
- Job Preparation
- Student Employment Program
- Jobs & Internships
- Graduate School Search & Preparation
- For Employers
How to Make an Appointment at the Career Services Department
Come to a 15-minute drop-in every Thursday during lunch break, to discuss Georgetown University Qatar Career Services resources, review resumes, cover letters or other documents, or start planning your internship or job search.
Book an Appointment
After creating your own handshake account, Sign up for an appointment in Handshake following the steps:
- Click on “Schedule A New Appointment” at the top left corner
- Click on “Student Career Advising Appointment (SFS-Q)” at the bottom of the page
- Choose your preferred timing out of the available slots
- Clarify the main reason behind the appointment request
- Click “Request”, and you’ll receive an email regarding the appointment (and a reminder)
Alumni are welcome to utilize the available resources at the Career Center, to book an appointment, Sign up for an appointment in Handshake and book an “Alumni Career Advising Appointment (SFS-Q)” from the available slots.
* If you are an Employer, and would like to contact the Career Services office, please visit the Employers Page.
Check out Career Resources LibGuide for careers-related resources and information.