Confidential career advising is available to assist you with self-assessment, career exploration, decision making, and job preparation. Feel free to drop by 1F11, or Sign up for an appointment in Handshake.
Career assessments can help you identify your unique interests, strengths, personality, and values. While no test will provide you with definitive answers about what job or career to pursue, they can be very helpful as part of a general self-analysis or can confirm your chosen direction. The following assessments are free of charge and will generate detailed reports that you will review with the career counselor.
Contact Career Services for links and access codes:
- Assessment: Strong Interest Inventory
- Assessment: Strengths Finder
- Assessment: Myers Briggs Type Indicator
- Assessment: Keirsey Temperament Sorter
- Assessment: 16 Personalities
Self Career Assessment
Cloverleaf allows you to better understand yourself and your professional behaviour. It is an insightful tool to know which professional environments you would thrive in most, and what career streams may be best for you.
Click here for additional online assessments that you can access without codes
Feel free to download any of the exercises below to work through on your own:
- Exercise: Careers and Majors Interests
- Exercise: Identifying Skills
- Exercise: My Personality
- Exercise: My Values
- Exercise: Planned Happenstance
- Type Focus is an online career exploration program that helps you discover how personal preference relate to careers. The program also provides comprehensive occupational descriptions in a user-friendly application that you can return to as often as you would like and use at your own pace. To obtain the access code, please contact Career Services.
- Vault Career Insider for provides information on companies, industries and occupations.
- O*Net and Career One Stop are US Department of Labor sites providing occupational profiles, industry guides, trends, wages, and career videos.
- What can I do with my degree? See Options with GUQ Majors to explore the destination of Georgetown University graduates in each major 6 months after graduation, learn the typical skills you will attain and find links to professional bodies and information sources.
- Search Linked In, or learn about GUQ Alumni