The Center for International and Regional Studies (CIRS) at Georgetown University in Qatar is pleased to launch its newly-formed Energy Humanities research initiative with a webinar titled “Everyday Energy: Approaches to Lived Experience.” The event will feature three area experts in the field of Energy Humanities, and will be moderated by GU-Q faculty members. The Energy Humanities initiative is a new project under the CIRS Environmental Studies thematic cluster, and aims to provide new understandings of the influence and impacts of energy in everyday lives and stimulate new conversations in the scholarship.
- Dominic Boyer, Founding Director of the Center for Energy and Environmental Research in the Human Sciences, Rice University
- Sara B. Pritchard Associate Professor in the Department of Science and Technology Studies, Cornell University
- Jennifer Wenzel Associate Professor of English and Comparative Literature and of Middle Eastern, South Asian, and African Studies at Columbia University
- Trish Kahle Assistant Professor at Georgetown University in Qatar
- Victoria Googasian Assistant Professor at Georgetown University in Qatar
- Firat Oruc Assistant Professor at Georgetown University in Qatar