Starting with the second (sophomore) year, GU-Q students may enroll in classes at other Education City schools pending space available in the class, and the approval of an academic advisor and the Associate Registrar for GU-Q. Students may not take more than one consortium class in a semester and may not take more than four such courses over the period of their degree. Courses taken through cross-registration should be in the area of “enrichment” – ordinarily, a student will not be allowed to take part of their core or major requirements at another university.
GU-Q students may not cross-register if:
- they are in the first year of studies
- they have taken the same or a similar class previously
- they are requesting a class which is the same as/similar to one offered at Georgetown
- they are requesting a class that is not deemed equivalent to a Georgetown three-credit class, except for approved 1 credit courses.
Applying for a Cross-registration class
- Complete and sign the Education City Cross-registration form. This is the only form that will be accepted, and must be completed online and printed off for appropriate signatures. Old/handwritten forms will not be accepted. In addition, you must submit a copy of your passport with the registration request form. Forms will not be accepted if they are incomplete in any way.
- Registration at the university in which you plan to enroll is on a first-come, first-served basis. Once your form has been signed by your dean and then by the Associate Registrar for GU-Q, you will then need to take the form to the host university to be registered for the course.
- The host university will advise you if your application is successful.
- Once your cross-registration course enrollment is confirmed by the host university, you must submit the full course information (host university, course name, course number, days and times class meets, credit hours) to the Associate Registrar for GU-Q to have the courses added to your academic record.
- Should you subsequently wish to withdraw from a cross-registered course in which you are enrolled, you must notify both the host institution and the Associate Registrar for GU-Q of your intention to withdraw.
Reminder: By enrolling at another university in Education City, you are agreeing to follow their university rules and policies, which includes attending classes even if GU-Q is closed. Not all universities follow the same academic calendar and you must adhere to the requirements and schedule of the host university.
Fall 2022 Cross-registration Course Listings
Below you will find information on the courses available for cross-registration by other universities in Education City for the Fall 2022 term. All courses are subject to space availability and pre-requisites being met.
Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q):
- Click here for the Course schedule.
- A list of courses open to cross-registration can be found here.
- Students wishing to take an ARABxxx or FRENxxx course MUST take a language placement test – no exceptions. The test is usually held only for the Fall semester. Students should contact GU-Q about the placement test timing.
- GUQ will begin receiving the cross-registration forms for Fall 2022 via email to the Associate Registrar at GU-Q from Wednesday 1 June, 2022. The forms should be complete with a copy of passport, and sent as a single pdf file by email.
- Forms must be typed – old/handwritten forms will not be accepted
- Incomplete forms will be returned to the student.
- The last day to receive cross-registration forms for Fall 2022 will be Monday, July 4, 2022 at 3:00pm.
- Classes start on Sunday 24 August, 2022.
- Registration is dependent on seats being available in the required course (including language courses).
- Students will be given a GU-Q student ID card for access to the building and Library. This must be returned by the end of the semester, in order for your transcript to be issued. Students must complete the clearance form that can be found here.
Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar (CMU-Q):
- Fall 2022 course schedule is available at: https://enr-apps.as.cmu.edu/open/SOC/SOCServlet/search (Teaching Location: Doha, Qatar).
- Student to email the completed cross registration application form with a copy of the passport to email@example.com
- CMUQ will start accepting cross registration forms for Fall 2022 from Sunday, June 5, 2022 until Sunday, July 10, 2022.
- CMUQ will start its Fall term on Sunday, July 31, 2022.
- Course Modality modes are indicated as part of the course listing at the weblink above.
- Note that CMUQ’s courses are delineated by “units”. Generally, a “9 units”-course at CMUQ is equivalent to 3 credit hours at GUQ.
Northwestern University in Qatar (Northwestern Qatar):
- Fall 2002 Course Schedule is available at: https://my.qatar.northwestern.edu/academic-resources/courses/courses-offered/index.html
- Check both the listing of courses, and the timetable. Choose only from courses indicated as “Open to Cross Registration” on the timetable.
- NUQ will start accepting cross-registration applications depending on seat availability on Wednesday, June 1, 2022.
- Cross-Registration forms will be accepted only if seats are available in the requested course.
- Deadline to submit cross-registration applications is Thursday, July 7, 2022, 12:00pm.
- Cross Registration Forms must be submitted by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Incomplete forms will be returned to the student.
- First day of Classes: Sunday, July 31, 2022.
Texas A&M University in Qatar (TAMU-Q):
- The schedule of classes offered can be viewed online here beginning Sunday, April 17, 2022. Please remember to select “Fall 2022 – Qatar” from the drop-down menu.
- Fall classes begin Sunday, July 31, 2022 and end Monday, November 14, 2022.
- TAMUQ’s online application for cross-registration will open Sunday, July 3, 2022 for Education City students.
- The deadline for submitting cross-registration applications is Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
- To apply for cross-registration, you must:
- Complete the cross-registration online application.
- Complete the Education City cross-registration request form.
- Email the digitally signed and approved cross-registration request form and a copy of a valid passport to email@example.com.
- Note that US federal law requires TAMUQ, as an engineering school, to comply with export control policies related to information and technology. Therefore, students from certain countries may be required to submit additional documentation before being permitted to register for TAMUQ courses.
- Any questions about cross-registration should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar (VCUArts Qatar):
- Course Schedule. Please check the column “Open to Cross Registration” on the Course Schedule. Only courses marked with “Yes” in this column are open to Cross Registration. The Course Schedule is available from your Home University Registrar and remains subject to change.
- Cross-Registration Forms are accepted starting Wednesday, April 20, 2022 until Thursday, July 14, 2022, 3:00PM
- A Math Placement Test is required for registration in MATH or STAT courses (other than MATH 001). The test is usually held only for the Fall semester, generally in early August. (Likely early July for Fall 2022)
- An Arabic Placement Test is required for registration in ARBC courses. The test is usually held only for the Fall semester, generally in early August. (Likely early July for Fall 2022)
- Registration for Cross Registration will commence on Sunday, July 10, 2022.
- Completed Cross Registration forms, including requisite approval signatures, must be submitted to the VCUarts Qatar’s Department of Enrollment and Registration Services by email to Sylvia D’Souza, Senior Specialist, at email@example.com. Cross Registration forms which are not completed in full, missing requisite signatures, or missing the passport copy will not be accepted or processed.
- All formalities re Cross Registration of EC students at VCUarts Qatar are handled exclusively by the Department of Enrollment and Registration Services.
- Fall Classes start on Sunday, July 31, 2022.
- Course instruction mode is expected to be in-person/in-classroom unless otherwise noted on the Course Schedule, and comply with MoPH COVID-requirements and Qatar law.
- Registration for courses is conditional on the availability of seats.
- Students who can be cross-registered in their preferred courses at VCUarts Qatar will be provided with a VCU-ID number as well as a VCU email address. Students must activate their VCU email. The VCU email is used for all official communications by the university, including by instructors.
- VCUarts Qatar’s Department of Enrollment and Registration Services will notify students as to whether or not a student has been granted a seat in cross-registration status in the course(s) of interest.
- Note that VCUarts Qatar complies with FERPA (US federal law) and the Virginia Code (Virginia state law) as it regards students’ right to privacy of their educational records and contact information.
Weill Cornell Medicine College – Qatar (WCMC-Q):
- Click here for the Fall 2022 Course schedule.
- Forms must be submitted to the Office of Records and Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 19, 2022.
- If you are interested in cross-registering at WCM-Q, please contact Dr. James Roach at email@example.com. He will be happy to answer any questions regarding scheduling.