The below resources at GU-Q and beyond can help you find grants and research resources, manage grants, book travel for conference and business use, plan events, and publicize your work.
Faculty Research Funding
Faculty members at GU-Q are engaged in a number of funded research projects, studying topics of interest to Qatar or issues of international importance. GU-Q Research is funded through both internal funding sources, international sources, and receives funds from the Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF). For more information about the programs available and application procedures please browse this page. Internal…
Outcome Dissemination and Communications
The Department of Communications can help you publicize your ongoing research, outcomes, and awards, if you share them with us.
Depending on type of outcome, dissemination avenues could include:
- A press release to local news outlets about your findings or award which also will go on the website, and in email through the Campus Services Newsletter, and a link to a box file of newspaper clippings for each article published.
- Social Media posts linking to your work on Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, and Facebook
- Help for event outlines and questions for guest speakers
- Links to interviews or media article in which you are referenced on our website media mentions section
- Inclusion of accomplishements in our Annual Reports, Faculty Annual Reports and other interim reports
- Inclusion of research grants, publications, conferences, seminars, and workshops on our website under Faculty Initiatives
- Publication of event videos on YouTube
Library Services for Faculty Research
Research Administration Services
The Office of Finance and Research Compliance facilitates and administers external and internal research funding, ensures compliance with sponsored research programs and the ethical conduct of research.
Planning an Event
Due to COVID-19, only virtual events are currently taking place. If you intend to hold an event, please follow the instructions in the Faculty Event Support Guide. It compiles the key information related to organizing meetings and events at GU-Q.