CITI Training and eRIC System
Human Subject Protection in Research Training (CITI Training)
Certification that one has completed training in human subject protection in research is required of all Georgetown University in Qatar faculty, investigators, study coordinators and other individuals directly involved in human subject research. An individual may complete this training, which should be updated every three years, by completing the on-line course from Collaborative IRB Training Initiative (CITI). You will need to register and create your own username and password. Please select Georgetown University as your institution.
More Information About CITI
eRIC electronic IRB System
If you are submitting a new study, continuing review, modification, and/or reportable new information, please use the new IRB system. The link to the new system as well as additional information regarding the system can be found at
Please note, on December 5th, the ability to submit any created item in eRIC (studies, amendments, continuing reviews, adverse events) permanently goes away. December 21st is the last day any actions can occur in the eRIC system. All outstanding actions must be
completed by this date for the study to be migrated to the new Georgetown-MedStar IRB System. Failure to do so will result in the withdrawal of the item so the study can be migrated into the new Georgetown-MedStar IRB system. The withdrawn item will then need to be created/submitted in the new system.
The Click Commerce IRB Software entitled eRIC provides a paperless, electronic method for the submission, tracking, and review of information related to IRB activities.
eRIC Quick Guides
- How to Access eRIC: Watch video
- Navigating eRIC: Watch video
- How to Start a new application: Watch video
- Submitting a Study Specific Disclosure Form (SSDF): Watch video
- Checking the Status of an Application and Responding to Requested Changes: Watch video
- Viewing/Accessing Approved Documents: Watch video
- How to submit a Continuing Review: Watch video
- How to submit an Amendment: Watch video
- How to submit a Reportable Events Report: Watch video
- Department Reviewer User Quick Guide: Watch video