Choosing to come to Georgetown University means joining a distinctive community. Georgetown places special emphasis on the dignity and worth of every person and the love of truth. Membership in this community carries with it high expectations regarding the ways in which each person will act both on and off-campus. In particular, students are expected to honor the following commitments in all their actions:
- A commitment to the highest standards of honesty and personal integrity both inside and outside the classroom.
- A commitment to treat others in a respectful manner, regardless of differences such as race, religion, nationality, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation.
- A commitment to open discourse and the free exchange of ideas.
- A commitment to exercise mutual care and responsibility in all relationships.
- A commitment to an active concern for the safety, security, and well-being of each individual and a respect for individual, communal and university property.
Read the full Code of Conduct for students at Georgetown University in Qatar School of Foreign Service.
Additional policies related to Covid-19 Impact and behavior can be found at this link. Note that Residence Hall policies specified in Qatar Foundation’s Community Living Standards also apply.
The Student Code of Conduct at GU-Q is overseen by Dr. John Wright, Director of Student Life. Contact John if you have any questions.
Learn more about Student Conduct at Georgetown University.