Submitting your Application
To apply for a vacancy, please follow the below guidance
- New vacancies will be sent to enrolled students via GU-Q email.
- Submit your CV/resume and cover letter expressing your interest in the position to the Student Employment Office at email@example.com.
- The Student Employment Office will notify you by email once your application materials have been received.
- Once applications have been reviewed, if you are being considered for the position, you will be contacted for an interview
- After all interviews have been conducted, you will be contacted again to let you know if you have been selected or not.
- If you have been selected, please fill out the hiring, financial, and confidentiality forms, and sign the code of conduct.
Once the Hiring Manager has received a confirmation email from the Payroll Office with your official Time Sheet attached, you can begin working.
- The hiring manager will give you an overview of the job, code of conduct and expectations, and introduce you to the department. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and learn from the seasoned professionals in this department.
- Familiarize yourself with the Student Employee Handbook
- Submit your timesheet following the instructions provided.
- Get paid!
- For further assistance please contact the Career Development Manager.
In order to ensure you get the most out of your work experience, your performance will be evaluated at the end of the semester or the end of your term of employment to give you a chance to understand what you were doing well and where your skills or behavior need improvement. You also have a chance to evaluate your experience as a student worker to help ensure students are getting a meaningful work experience. The results of these evaluations will remain confidential with the Office of Student Employment.