Established in 2005, Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q) has a diverse student population representing more than 50 different nationalities from five continents. GU-Q graduates join a worldwide network of more than 160,000 Hoyas, with nearly 500 residing in the GCC.
Our students develop skills in critical thinking, analytical writing, public speaking, language proficiency, understanding cultural contexts, interpreting data, evaluating evidence and results, and reading critically. All students have a solid foundation in economics, finance, international relations, and world politics. All are proficient in at least two languages, and complete a major in International Economics, International History, Culture and Politics, or International Politics.
Georgetown’s Career Services team works closely with employers to develop programs for you to access our student talent and build your employer brand awareness on our campus.
To Advertise a Vacancy (Internship/Job)
- One full academic semester (Fall or Spring), 13-15 hours per week, and provides the student with one academic credit
- Work needs to be substantive and connected to the international affairs curriculum at Georgetown
- Must have mentor/supervisor on site
- Open to any enrolled Georgetown student who meets the academic criteria set for the internship-currently limited to juniors and seniors, any major, with GPAs above 3.0
- Usually limited to 1-2 places each semester per organization
To establish an academic internship, please contact Dean Christine Schiwietz
Career Services will advertise internship spots that you have available throughout the year as students look for opportunities during the Fall, Spring, and Summer. We will advertise, screen, and forward candidates to you. Non-credit internships must meet the following:
- Time-limited duration (e.g. March-May, June-July, Sept-Dec)
- No more than 20 hours per week (flexible around the students' academic schedules)
- General supervision provided on-site by the employer
- Provide meaningful work that relates to the organization's mission
- Optional stipend (to cover transportation)
- Vacancy Form