Student Health and Wellness
For information about coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit the Student Resources page.
The Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q) strives to provide a holistic and integrative approach to student physical, mental, and spiritual health, and create and maintain a healthy and caring community. The university encourages and advocates for (GU-Q) students to access culturally and contextually appropriate ways to promote their quality of life and well being. Student Wellness & Counseling Center pursues these goals by becoming an active and integrated member of health and wellness communities in Education City and the city of Doha, as well as connecting with regional and international constituencies on physical, mental, and spiritual health.
Commitment to Diversity
Student Wellness & Counseling Center (SWCC) is committed to recognizing, supporting, and fostering the diversity of the GU-Q community, considering that our campus is situated in a geo-politically diverse context. We welcome all students and acknowledge the importance of valuing differences among and between one another. Therefore, as mental health professionals, we feel it is important to educate, lend support to, and encourage discussions of difference, and to foster our Diversity Initiative. We honor and respect individuals whom we serve, and we seek to provide culturally informed services that help to meet the needs of an increasingly diverse campus community.
Learn more about:
Mental Health and Counseling Services
- Student Wellness & Counseling Center (SWCC)
- What to Expect from Student Wellness & Counseling Center (SWCC)
- Oasis Room
- Wellness Outreach and Health Promotion Programs
- Student Health 101 Magazine Archives
- WellTrack App (sign up with your GU email)
Physical Health and Medical Services
- Emergency and Urgent Care
- Campus Medical Care
- Off Campus Medical Care
- Required Immunization and Tuberculosis Skin Test
- Academic Accommodation for Students with Special Needs
- Required Documentation for Academic Accommodation
- Parking Accommodation
- Medical Leave of Absence
- Tips for Referring a Student for Counseling
- Women's Center
- Diversity Initiative
Forms and Maps
Download forms and maps (forms for immunization, insurance, contact information, agreements, and maps for clinics and hospitals).
- Student Health and Wellness Resources
- Self Help Resources
- There Is An App for That!
- Online Mental Health Screening Tools
- Accessible Qatar
- Ask the Expert Webinars
Student Wellness and Counseling Center
GU Building, 1G09-1G19
These Links Can Help You Cope With Stress And Academic Performance: