Student Medical Care
Please click on the links below for access to more information on medical resources for students.
- Emergency & Urgent Care: Contact numbers and FAQs
- Campus Medical Care: Qatar Foundation medical clinic contacts and FAQs
- Off-Campus Medical Care: Contacts and FAQs
- Required Immunization History and Tuberculosis Test: Details about needed vaccinations and medical tests
- Student Health Insurance: Learn about health insurance options
- International SOS: Stay safe while traveling with this service
- Medical Leave of Absence: learn how to take a medical leave of absence
- Forms & Maps: Commonly used medical and wellness forms
Georgetown Building: 4457 8458 Send an email
Education City Emergency (on-campus): 4454 0999
Doha Emergency (off-campus): 999
Student Wellness & Counseling Center on-call: 5503 9044
How to Find Us
Georgetown Building: First Floor, Rooms 1G09-1G19
On–Campus Health Care
Qatar Foundation Primary Healthcare Center: 4454-1240, 4454-1244
Public Health Care
The State of Qatar provides national health coverage for all citizens and residents of Qatar, which they can access with a National Health Card. GU-Q assists international students in obtaining and/or renewing their National Health (Hamad) Card. You are responsible for providing a copy of your card upon your admission to the university. We recommend that all enrolled students obtain and carry their Qatar National Health Card at all times.
Private Health Care
There are also private clinics, polyclinics, medical centers, and hospitals in Doha that provide outpatient and inpatient care. Many of these clinics require you to make an appointment, but some accept walk-ins. You may be able to use your supplementary private health insurance to assist with charges.
Major Hospital Contacts in Doha
Hamad Medical Corporation: 4439-2222
Al Ahli Hospital: 4489-8888
American Hospital: 4442-1999
Aspetar Sport Hospital: 4413-2000
Doha Clinic Hospital: 4438-4333
Al Emadi Hospital: 4466-6009
Sidra Hospital: 4003 3333
For a list of practitioners in Qatar, please visit the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH).