How to Apply
To apply, visit a counselor at the Student Wellness & Counseling Center and sign the authorization for release of information for SWCC to communicate with involved medical services and GU-Q authorities. Then, depending on your accommodation category follow the steps below. This process must be repeated in order for the accommodation to be renewed after the initial accommodation period has expired.
Students who are eligible for this category need to register with and obtain a disability permit from Qatar Society for Rehabilitation of Special Needs. Students with a valid disability permit are able to park only in a disabled parking space. Students should take the following documents to Qatar Society for Rehabilitation of Special Needs to request registration:
- Photocopy of the passport
- Photocopy of the birth certificate or of the identity card
- Three personal passport sized photographs
- Photocopy of the National (Hamad) Health Card
- Arabic medical report
Students who are eligible for this category need to obtain medical documentation from a physician following the below procedure and meet with a SWCC counselor to apply. Upon approval, students will receive a temporary disability permit from Building Operations, which will allow them to park only in a disabled parking space in the GU-Q underground parking facility. Required medical documentation must include:
- Diagnosis or injury
- Reasons for why parking accommodation is necessary
- Duration of parking accommodations
- Parking accommodation is for GU-Q and does not qualify as a parking permit for Qatar Foundation or Education City as a whole.
- Enter Education City as per the rules set by Qatar Foundation and proceed to Georgetown to park in the GU-Q underground parking facility in the allocated spaces designated for disabled parking.
- The temporary disability parking permit issued by Building Operations should be displayed in the dash of the car while parked.
- Failure to abide by the rules, including parking in spaces not designated as disabled, may result in the termination of the parking accommodation and may be seen as a violation of the Student Code of Conduct.
- GU-Q reserves the right to approve or deny a student’s request for receiving parking accommodation.