Jobs & Internships
Finding a job or an internship takes considerable research, preparation, and networking. Start early, don't be discouraged by setbacks, and utilize all of your connections including personal, professional, and online contacts. Make sure your CV is perfect, your interview skills are practiced and genuine, and that you are able to explain your major/degree to someone not familiar with GUQ.
On-campus jobs: Open to all registered students. Vacancies will be sent to you via email. For more information, visit the Student Employment Site
Off-campus jobs: Occasionally paid jobs become available off campus. Notifications will be sent to you via email.
Internships: GUQ offers academic (for credit) and non-academic internships throughout the year. Please click here for more information about credited internships. You can find non-credit internships in several ways: 1) watch for vacancies sent to your email, 2) contact Career Services if you have a specific company you're interested in, or 3) find an internship on your own.
Tips For Finding Jobs/Internships
- Check local sites individually, e.g. Qatar Museums, QF, etc. Vacancies may not show up in large databases like Bayt and Indeed
- Create a Linked In profile and set it to send you job ads
- Watch for weekly Career Services Newsletters sent directly to your email (Alumni, not getting emails? Click here)
- Utilize Georgetown specific portals like Handshake and iNet
- Conduct Information Gathering Interviews with Georgetown Alumni
- Like the Georgetown Alumni Association of Doha Facebook Page
- Attend the annual Career Fair and other networking events
Job & Internship Links
Handshake - An online portal for Georgetown students and alumni to jobs and internships, primarily in the US. How to create your Handshake profile:
- Log in to Handshake.
- If you are a current student, click the single sign-on button and log in with your NetID and password.
- If you are a graduate, visit the Handshake login page and click “Sign up for an account.”
iNet Internship Network - Supplements Handshake with a greater variety of industries and geographical locations in your internship search. To register:
- Go to iNet. Click the 'register' tab. You must use your Georgetown e-mail address.
- Verify your e-mail address.
- Wait 24-48 hours for us to approve your account. You'll get an e-mail with instructions after you register.
Passport Career - An online career resource for exploring international opportunities whether you are seeking a job, an internship, volunteer work, or are studying abroad.
- Click on "Have a Registration Key?" in the upper right corner of the homepage
- Enter the following registration key (all lowercase): gtown987
- Fill out the brief registration form
- Use your Georgetown e-mail address to create your login name and password
Vault Career Insider - Free for GUQ, includes career guides, employer profiles and rankings, and a job board.
- Go to the Vault Career Inside login page.
- Use your GUQ e-mail address to create your account.
- Click Accept
InternsME.com - Portal dedicated to the youth in the Middle East, providing work experience and employment opportunities to students and graduates, with a focus on undergraduate and recent graduate internships and jobs. Register, upload your CV, and search for opportunities.
Idealist - Lists social impact jobs and internships available world-wide.
Naukrigulf - Job search engine with a focus on jobs in the Gulf. Search for positions, specifying years of experience required.
Dave’s ESL Cafe - Comprehensive information on teaching English abroad, including job postings and training opportunities.
The Intern Group - Fee based structured internships available around the world.
Funding & Negotiating
Unpaid Internship Resources - Resources that offer financial support to may make it possible for you to pursue unpaid internships.