What is the Oasis Room?
The Oasis Room, located in the Student Wellness & Counseling Center (SWCC) is meant to provide a safe and relaxing space for GU-Q students to quiet their mind, reduce stress, and refresh and restore themselves. The SWCC staff is available to orient and train users on the various features of the room, which are listed below. The Oasis Room is available by appointment for use during business hours.
Who can use the room?
The Oasis Room is currently available for use by enrolled GU-Q students who have had the introduction and signed the agreement. Students do not have to be a current client of the Student Wellness & Counseling Center to access the room.
What are the Oasis Room rules?
We appreciate you following the below rules for the safety and enjoyment of all:
- Do not use the room if you are unwell.
- Use room only by appointment (see Reception 1G09, email, or book online)
- Only one person is allowed in the room at a time
- Maximum time per usage is 30 minutes
- Remove your shoes upon entering the room and place by the entrance
- Food and uncovered drinks are not permitted
- The room should remain clean and neat, so please tidy up after yourself
- No candles, incense, or any other flammable items are permitted
- Do not remove any items from the room. Talk to reception staff if you wish to check out any reading materials
- Ask reception staff for assistance
- Relax and Enjoy!
What does the Oasis Room offer?
Aside from a quiet place to relax, the Oasis Room includes several features and tools to assist you in calming your mind, body, and spirit, including:
- A comfortable chair
- Soft lighting
- Self-help and other meditative reading materials
- Audio guided relaxation and meditation activities
- Relaxing music and sounds
- Zafu and Zabuton meditation cushions
- Massage mat
- Aromatherapy oils and lotions
- emWave Biofeedback technology and relaxation computer software
- Buddha Board
- Gratitude labyrinth
- Finger labyrinth
- Meditative coloring materials
- Kinetic Sand
- Weighted blanket with textured cover
- Yoga and Pilates mats and guided instructions
How do I reserve the room?
You may reserve the room for a 30-minute time slot by booking using the online scheduling system. Please note that bookings less than 24 hours in advance must be booked as a walk-in. Walk-in reservations can be made, if the room is available by stopping by 1G09 or emailing the Student Wellness & Counseling Center. Please cancel your time if you are aware that you will not be able to make it. Your booked appointment will be held for 10 minutes, after which it may be offered to another student.
To reserve a 30-minute block in the Oasis Room, you will click the Online Appointment Scheduling System link (found below). Please go through the following instructions to ensure ease of access and completion of your appointment scheduling.
1. Click the link, found below to access the system. Once you click the link, you will be asked to sign in. You will use your GU-Q Net ID as your user name and its corresponding password. (This is done o ensure only GU-Q students access the site). Click “OK” to enter the scheduling system.
2. Click “Online Scheduling for Oasis Room.”
3. Complete identifying information by typing your name in the appropriate boxes and your date of birth in the format MM/DD/YYYY.
4. Choose a day/time. You can filter the options by dates sorted by weeks. Choosing “No Date Filter” will show you all availability. Only book for one session. You can book for another session once your first one has been completed. After choosing your appointment time, be sure to click “Next” at the bottom to submit your appointment choice.
5. You will be taken to a screen that says “Data Entry Complete.” Please write down your booking details for your record. If you do not see the confirmation of your reservation, your appointment has not been scheduled. Please click “Quit Session.”
6. Should you have any issues using this website, please reach out to the Student Wellness & Counseling Center. We will see how best to assist you.