The Student Government Association (SGA) is an annually elected, student-run governance association that works to represent the student body and liaise with university administrators. In addition, The Vice President of SGA chairs the Student Activities Commission (SAC).
Responsibilities of the SGA
- Governing the SGA and student life in tandem with all university departments
- Representing the student body and engaging in dialogue with the student body with regard to any and all major university decisions
- Carrying out and overseeing policies that address student needs and improve the quality of life on campus
- Upholding and promoting the highest standard of conduct among students in accordance with the Georgetown Honor Pledge and the Code of Conduct
- Creating groups and sub-bodies amongst its membership to achieve specific goals
- providing outreach, advising, and funding to student clubs and committees
- overseeing a budget that is the equivalent of the combined Student Activities Fees of every student, allocating that funding to different student organizations.
Student Activites Commission
Rules, Procedures, and Guidelines Handbook for Club funding administration and management including:
- Structure of the SAC
- Funding Proposal Form
- Post event/activity evaluation form
- Rules and regulations governing use of SAC funding