The Writing Center
The Writing Center is an extension of the Office of Academic Services, and our objective is to support students’ learning as they strengthen their writing skills and find their voice.
Why make an appointment with the Writing Center?
- You’re struggling with a writing assignment
- You want to improve your writing skills
- You want objective feedback about your work
- You’re passionate about writing
- You need advice on how to better manage your workload
- You find your readings difficult and would like some tips on how to improve your reading strategy
What do we do?
We work with students on a variety of assignments for classes, extracurricular activities, and career/internship pursuits. Examples include
- Course assignments such as essays, response papers, annotated bibliographies, and more
- Honors & certificate theses
- Research proposals
- Study abroad applications
- Cover letters
We can work with you on any stage of the writing process, whether you come with just an idea or a full draft.
Sunday – Wednesday: 9 am – 6 pm
Thursday: 9 am – 5 pm
Saturday: Please check WCOnline for available Saturday hours.
GU-Q Library, room 0B11, on the ground floor