Georgetown Fall MUN Conference
Welcome to Georgetown Qatar's Model United Nations Program
Our NEW 2019 Fall MUN Conference will be Oct 31 - Nov 2
The FIRST Georgetown Fall MUN conference will be held at Georgetown University, Qatar. Please note that this conference is ONLY open to high school students in Qatar. We invite interested schools to apply and bring a team of 6 student delegates (one delegation) to the conference. The conference will not interfere with school timings. The maximum we can accommodate is three delegations or 18 students per school. We do not accept individual delegates, if your school is bringing its own delegation(s). If your school does not have a MUN club or MUN counselor, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no conference fee and attendance to the conference is FREE. However, we will not accept walk-ins on the day of the conference. Conference participants will be provided dinner/lunch for the duration of the conference.
Accepted students will have country allocations sent to them after the counselor submits the application. Delegates are required to research both the country they will represent at the conference as well as the specific topics to be debated in their assigned committee.
All of our committees are chaired by Georgetown University Qatar students.
The application for Fall MUN is now closed. We hope to see you at our annual GMUN Feb 20-23, 2020. To learn more, click HERE
You can access the agenda for the 2019 Fall MUN conference HERE
Conference Theme: Redefining the Role of the Individual in the Information Revolution
Committees and Topics 2019
Georgetown Qatar MUN is dedicated to covering the most pressing issues in international affairs and beyond. Each year our team of students work diligently to come up with a list of intellectual topics that reflect the shifting dynamics of the world.
Please click HERE to access the background guides to the Fall MUN 2019 conference.
Security Council (SC)
- North Korea Nuclear Threat
- Sanctions as effective deterrence: The Iran Sanctions Deal
Disarmament and International Security Committee (DISEC)
- Achieving Disarmament in the Middle East
- Measures to Strengthen International Counter-terrorism Efforts
Historical Security Council (HSC)
- Cuban Missile Crisis
- Six-Day War: The Arab-Israeli Conflict of 1967
Human Rights Council (HRC)
- Securing Human Necessities in Conflict Zones: Rohingya and Yemen
- The Right to Privacy in the Digital Age
International Court of Justice (ICJ)
- The Legality of the Blockade in Qatar
- Suppression of the Financing of Terrorism and The International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination
Special Political and Decolonization Committee (SPECPOL)
- Rise of Xenophobia Against Refugees
- Tackling Modern Border Disputes
United Nations Environment Program (UNEP)
- The Impact of Climate Change on Global Security
- The Curbing of Air Pollution in East Asia
Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
- Role of Policy in Granting Equal Opportunities to Women
- Promoting the Socioeconomic and Cultural Rights in Indigenous People