Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q) is proud to offer a free online program designed specifically for high school students from grade 9-12. The program provides students with enriching workshops throughout the year that are geared towards personal and academic skills building, which are necessary for university level success and beyond. The workshops are led and managed by student instructors from the Office of Educational Enrichment at GU-Q. Whether students are looking to enhance their academic performance or gain valuable insights into their personal and professional growth, this program is an excellent opportunity for them to succeed and thrive.
The asynchronous format of online workshops allows international and local students to access course materials and complete assignments at their own pace and schedule, which can be particularly beneficial for students who may have other school and familial commitments. This format also eliminates the need for students to be physically present on campus, making it more accessible to both local and international students. For international students, asynchronous learning allows them to participate in workshops without having to worry about scheduling conflicts that may arise from living in different time zones. By providing a flexible and accessible learning environment, Georgetown University in Qatar’s online workshops enable students to gain valuable skills and knowledge that can help them succeed in their academic and personal pursuits, regardless of their location or schedule.
All sessions will be conducted through google classrooms. There are seven workshops focusing on different topics. After completion of each workshop, the student will receive a certificate of completion.
This program will be launched on 15th September with the registration link. Stay tuned!
1. Public Speaking: Speak up with confidence and conviction
2. Leadership Skills: Lead with purpose and vision
3. Time – Management Skills: Master your Time, maximize your potential
4. Critical Reading and Writing Skills: Sharpen your mind, refine your words – The art of critical reading and writing
5. Interpersonal and Emotional Competence: Understand and manage emotions effectively while demonstrating strong social awareness and communication skills
6. Conflict Management: Identifying, addressing, and resolving disagreements or disputes in a constructive and effective manner
7. Self-Awareness: The path to introspection and self-discovery
8. Productivity: Exploring effective ways to enhance your potential
If you have any queries or concerns, please email email@example.com