Official Transcripts with a Georgetown University seal and signature of the University Registrar for students and graduates of Georgetown University can be requested as detailed below:
Effective March 21, 2022
Official transcripts must be requested via Parchment (new window). You will need to create an account with Parchment to place your order. You may use your account to track the status of your transcript and to upload any documentation that must accompany your transcript.
1) Qatar students/alumni should select “main campus” as their location. However, they should not select the “pick up” or “paper” option, unless they are actually in DC on the main campus.
2) If a student/alumnus wants the digital transcript sent directly to them they must give their GU email address in the delivery option.
3) If a student/alumnus needs a paper transcript in Qatar (the “pick up” option), they should email the Associate Registrar at GU-Qatar the completed signed Transcript Request Form. The transcript will be placed in the GUQ student mail boxes in the basement of the building for pick up (alumni should contact the Associate Registrar to make an appointment to collect their transcript). Please note that, depending on the office workload, it may take 7 to 10 calendar days to process these requests.
4) Students requesting a transcript for their BSFS degree ( even if they have graduated) should request the transcript type “Undergraduate” (as the BSFS degree is an undergraduate degree).
5) Please note that Parchment allows you to add a document, such as the Commons App college report or LSAT application, to your transcript request.
Click the following link to view a video demonstration on how e-Transcript services will work: Parchment Demo
Release of Records Permission
Third parties (employers, government agencies) requesting transcripts must present a signed release for educational records from the student/graduate per FERPA guidelines.
Conditions for Issuance of Transcripts
The University issues a transcript which reflects the complete student record under the following conditions.
- All financial obligations to the University must be settled.
Unofficial Transcripts (current or previous) are available online from MyAccess:
- Use NetID and password to log in and access your student record.
- For those who graduated after 1979, if you never had a NetID, please contact the Alumni Records Office at (202) 687-1994 for a registration number to create a NetID and password.
Diploma Attestation for Qatar
For attestation to work in Qatar, the GU-Q graduate needs to bring the original diploma and translation to the office of the Associate Registrar for GU-Qatar (room 1D13 in the GU-Q building). S/he will make copies and certify the copies, then place them in a stamped sealed envelope. The originals together with the copies in the sealed envelope are then taken to the Qatar Foundation Government Affairs office to be stamped by QF. The stamped certified copies can then be taken to the relevant Ministry for attestation.
Confirmation of Enrollment / Graduation letters
GU-Q students who require a letter of confirmation of enrollment as a full-time student / graduate should request this from the Associate Registrar for GU-Q by email. The following information is required:
- Full names (as on diploma for graduates)
- GU student ID number
- Date started at GU-Q (e.g. Fall 2016)
- Expected graduation date (e.g. May 2020), or exact graduation date if graduated (e.g. 9 May 2020)
- Major, certificate, minor (if declared)
- Language(s) of foreign proficiency (state if completed or still in progress)
If the letter is for the purposes of obtaining a visa for travel to another country, then in addition to the above information the following is required:
- Name of country to be visited
- Dates of travel (start and end dates)
- Purpose of travel.
Please note that, depending on the workload in the office, requests for letters will normally be processed within 5 working days. Letters of enrollment will be placed in the student mailboxes in the basement of the GU-Q building. Graduation confirmation letters will be scanned and emailed to the requestor.