Planet Georgetown invites students in years 9, 10, 11 and 12 of high school to explore the world of today in order to shape the world of tomorrow.
Planet Georgetown is a year-long initiative dedicated to helping local high school students prosper in their current academic setting to prepare them to become successful university students and lifelong learners. The program provides students with enriching workshops and growth opportunities throughout the year geared towards personal and academic skills building. In addition to learning and developing new skills, students get the opportunity to meet the wider Georgetown community through lectures and discussions. Students also receive a certificate of participation for each workshop that they attend.
All sessions will be conducted VIRTUALLY through Zoom. The topics and session dates for the 2021-2022 Academic Year include:
- Sept. 28 – Transition to In-Person Learning
- Oct. 5 – Public Speaking Essentials – Finding Your Voice
- Oct. 19 – How To Be a Critical Reader
- Nov. 2 – Writing in An Academic Setting
- Nov. 16 – Strategic College Application Skills
- Nov. 30 – Career Planning
- Feb 7 – Self Development
- Feb 14 – Mental Health Awareness
- Mar 7 – Leadership Development
- Mar 14 – Power & Responsibilities
- Apr 9 – Social & Emotional Intelligence
- Apr 16 – Self Expression
The application for Spring ’22 workshops will be live HERE by February 1. Stay tuned!
If you have any questions about Planet Georgetown or other Georgetown programs for high school students, please email email@example.com